1. Check that there is sufficient flow to Orbit. Make sure the main drain is closed.
2. Check the Diaphragm and Inner Extension Pipe for wear or damage. Replace if necessary.
3. Make sure skimmer basket, pool filter and pump strainer basket are clean.
1. Slow down your Orbit, by reducing the flow through the cleaner. If there is too much flow, the Diaphragm will wear below the Retaining Ring. A small reduction in speed can result in a substantial increase in the life of the Diaphragm.
1. Fit Deflector Wheel.
2. Make sure the hose length is correct (see Pg. 4 of Operating Manual). Try adding or removing one length of hose.
3. Use the return line jets to help guide Orbit away from the area where it is sticking. Directing the water returning to the pool towards the Orbit hose will help move Orbit.
4. Check Hose Weights are positioned correctly (see Pg 4 of Operating Manual).
1. Increase flow to Orbit by adjusting the Flow Control Valve or closing valve to Main Drain.
2. Check Hose Weights are positioned correctly (see Pg 4 of Operating Manual).
Note: Orbit’s wall climbing ability may be limited in some pools, especially those with a tight radius between the floor and wall of the pool.
1. Make sure the pool return line jets are pointed downwards.
2. Check to make sure the hose length is correct (see Pg. 4 of Operating Manual). Try adding or removing one length of hose.
1. Make sure the hose length is correct (see Pg. 4 of Operating Manual). Add more hose if necessary.
2. Use the return line jets to “push” the Orbit hose towards the end, which it does not go to.
3. Check Hose Weights are positioned correctly (see Pg 4 of Operating Manual).
1. Check the Orbit hose to make sure there are no leaks.
2. Check that the connection of the Flow Control Valve to the hose is always underwater.
3. Check the pool pump basket lid is fitted correctly, is not loose or cracked and that the O-ring is not worn or missing.
4. If necessary, contact your pool professional for assistance.
1. Make sure the Outer Extension Pipe swivels freely. If it does not, then:
a) Check that the Thrust Washer is assembled correctly. The side with the raised rim should be pointed towards the hose, away form the pool floor. See Pg.9 (f) in Operating Manual.
b) Flush out any dirt or grit using a garden hose.
1. Use the small gray Hose Adaptor, supplied with your Orbit pool cleaner.